Thursday, July 11, 2013

Two-Stepping and George Strait's Studly Voice

Tonight, I did something I have never done before, and it was pretty interesting. I went dancing (Yes, country dancing) with all of my best friends at some thing called "Teen Night" and I had a blast. I two-stepped and Cupid Shuffled and did the cha-cha slide. My jam even came on. You Look So Good In Love by George Strait. (What a stud, what a stud.) It was a great night out with my girls and I was all gussied up in an actual blouse (as opposed to my usual t-shirts) and riding boots. I'll admit, I looked pretty darned spiffy. That poses the one issue I had with the night, and it was a bit of a given.

No. Boy. Asked. Me. To. Dance.

Most of my other friends had the opportunity, but I did not. I made sure that I didn't have my bitchface on, and that I was smiling and looked welcoming. I'll admit, I'm pretty socially awkward (I mean, hello, I'm blogging my nights away) and spent my junior year drawing in my journal and listening to music (setting myself up for social failure outside of the joint, I'd say). I'm definitely gonna be more outgoing next year.

Point is, where I don't like some of my peers and classmates (don't get me started), I definitely enjoy social interaction with them inside and outside of school. (Some of the guys are even pretty smokin'.) I just hope I have more fun and branch out more next time. You seize the opportunity, the opportunity doesn't seize you and there aren't always "next times."

Vowing not to be a wallflower at future shindigs,
Cayla xx

No comments:

Post a Comment