Saturday, July 13, 2013

ANOTHER Blast From The Past?

I woke up this morning with the realization that I'd forgotten to blog last night! I'm so sorry, guys. I was sound asleep and the thoughts of blogging were far behind me at that point. I'm still gonna blog twice today, though.

Let me update you all on yesterday's events. I did something mostly stupid and a little courageous. I solved the whole "I miss the Skater Boy" dilemma. I talked to him. I layed out the issue and we both decided to squash this year-old crap and just be friends. We're all supposed to hang out soon again, too. It's so weird to me because it isn't weird. Talking to the skater makes me feel like nothing has changed in this year in it's entirety. But so many things have. I'm more cautious now, less naive (which just conflicts with the fact that I spoke to him again at all). I know I'm going somewhere in my life, and I don't want that clouded for the sake of "fun."

I even find myself reverting back to my old saying when I first met this boy. "Let's see where this goes. Let's hope it ends well." (Yes, I'm cynical and practical enough to predict the ending.) 

I'm just suspicious because things are going so well so far. Will I end up trapped in my feelings again? Will Skater Boy somehow muck this friendship up as well as whatever happened last summer? Will I end up not only forgiving but forgetting? That would be the ultimate mistake, but I guess I have a few years left do be impulsive and make childish mistakes.

Let's See Where This Leads,
Cayla xx

P.S. Hey, peep the cool Paramore pic at the bottom. Those dudes are my favorite(:

No comments:

Post a Comment