Saturday, July 6, 2013

Find Your Own Voice

Today, after I got back from a long car ride home from Bandera, I was ecstatic at the realization that I could freely headbang and belt  out some Paramore without being giggled at by my friends. I fully intended to do so. I got some dishwater going to start washing up the dishes no one had gotten to while I was gone and I started singing Popping Champagne by All Time Low shamelessly (heheh, "Shameless" is another All Time Low reference), but something was different about the way I was singing. I noticed I had transitioned between screeching terribly (a sad addition to me singing along with Hayley Williams) to singing almost childlike and innocently. I liked the voice of innocence better.

I'm not going to lie, guys. I really want to make music. I want to make it terribly. I want to write a song and just have one person listening say "They understand me. They know what I've been going through." I want to help mend broken hearts because there are too many breakers and thieves in this world. I want relatablility so I know that I'm not alone. There's a song I want the world to hear, but it's so difficult to manifest that I give up on it time and time again.

So one of my smaller hopes is to find my own voice. That way, I can live out one of my many dreams. I want to make pop-punk music. I want to make acoustic songs. I live for hearing them and singing them and writing them. I have a song in my heart and I want the world to hear it and relate.

(Maybe some vocal lessons are in order first, though. Cough cough)

Well, this is me saying to find your own voice. Over and out.
Cayla xx

No comments:

Post a Comment