Monday, July 15, 2013

Shh, Don't Call Me Cheesy!

I'll have to say that I think I'm a quite fortunate person. I think the greatest reason I can say that is because of my mother.

I remember about two years ago, my mother and I had the rockiest relationship and remember feeling so hurt and broken. Why? Because I let some bad influences in and my own actions shook up my family life in a very negative way. I got smart after about a year and cut those negative influences out, and my relationship with my mother improved as my attitude did. Things got pretty grand.

Let me just say, my mon puts up with tons of my crap. Hogging the bathroom in the mornings so I can get ready, me blaring my "terrible" music and singing in my Hayley Williams screech (pop-punk for life!), the fact that I never put away my laundry or stop talking, or that I stay up all night talking on the phone louder than I probably should be. Guys, there's more. I'm chock full of crap to put up with. The point is, my mom is just the most amazing woman I know.

She will take any job to care for my brother and I, and I'm going to say that's the most respectable thing I've ever seen or heard of in my life. It really is. I hope that when I'm an adult, when I'm a mother, I'm as amazing and strong (and cool) as my own mother is. Only my mom could mix a firm ruling hand and being completely laid back and make it work as parenting. She makes me forget that she's the only parent I live with. (Yeah, she's that great.)

I hope that my kids will be able to talk to me like I talk to my mom, or that I'll have the great work ethic that she has. I really just want to be as great a mother as mine. I don't know, guys. I just love her.

If you don't have a mom as cool as mine, BE THAT PARENT. Be close with your future hellion. Teach them, love them and work so they can be comfortable and happy, like I plan to. Every kid needs a good role model, and I'm glad I have mine.

Is it a party foul to say your mom is cool?
Cayla xx

1 comment:

  1. my little niece...you were crazy cute. Oh wait still is!!!

    ReplyDelete