Thursday, July 18, 2013

Better Than The Addams Family

So, for the past two days, I've been at my friend Hannah's house and I forgot how much I loved coming over. Her family is wild. They always crack me up, and every visit is like a party.

Hannah has four siblings. The youngest is Sybil, who's five years old. Let me just say, this girl is stuck in her terrible twos, THREE YEARS LATER. (I once jokingly called her the spawn of Satan.) She stomps around the house saying the most hilarious things (like "Shut your little mouth") and getting into any mischief she can find. The fact that she's so cute throws you off.

The second youngest is Samara, she's fourteen. She's so hilariously ditzy (for example right now, she's laughing for no reason) and her most used line is "What does that mean?" Samara has actually been known to laugh at a housefly landing on the kitchen table or an antique license plate because it only had four numbers on it. Her contagious laughter is the spark to the powder keg.

Third oldest is Hannah; she's eighteen. We've been friends for almost four years now, and it's been a wild ride. She's the friend that laughs at a joke too late and too hard (which cracks me up every time) and has a big heart. She's always trying to follow that big heart, and messes up a lot, but can always look back and say "Hey, I screwed up. I'll listen to Cayla next time." And that alone defines our friendship.

And last but not least, the eldest child is James, who is nineteen years old. James is single-handedly one of the funniest people I've ever met, even though his jokes are usually at the expense of me or one of his sisters (luckily, we're all good sports). Everyone in the house knows James is a ladies' man, and he knows it better than anyone. Occasionally, he does nice things for me, just because I'm a family friend, and it never ceases to throw me off. If I can say one good thing about him, it's that he loves his sisters and doesn't hide it.
Their family fights like mad. They nitpick, and they poke fun, and they sometimes are downright dysfunctional, but they'd all go to war for one another and being here really reminds me a bit of my family. I've really grown to love this family in the past few years, and they treat me like I'm their own. I can only hope it'll continue to be this way in the future.

I actually avoided using smileys in this post,
Cayla xx

No comments:

Post a Comment