Friday, August 16, 2013

It Should Be About Us, It Should Be About Trust

Holaaaa, blog readers. While I was mopping at work today, I was singing You Ain't Woman Enough To Take My Man (classic) and I had a thought. There really aren't crazy girlfriends anymore (welllll, sort of). I remember a point time when, if a a girl was cheated on, she'd slash her boyfriend's tires and burn his things and stand outside his house screaming (a little too descriptive, Cayla). We used to take matters into our own hands, and not just "let the chips fall where they may." You just don't see that anymore. (Isn't that a good thing?) Well, hell to the no, it isn't.

I've noticed girls are completely complacent in relationships now. We're comfortable lowering our standards considerably, and then letting the guy we're into lower them as well. If a guy cheats, we're  quick to make up excuses.

"It was a one time thing."

"We were going through a tough time."

Excuse me while I gag.

It's so much easier to push the logical thoughts deep down and make excuses I
instead. People commend the ladies that go back to that guy. "Oh, she's so strong. Such a trooper." It's my honest opinion that the women who think "I deserve better" and take that first step toward moving on are the strong ones. They overcame their own emotional block and are moving to make their next relationship a good one.

If I learned one thing from my mother, it's that "you shouldn't settle, Cayla Jo." Ever. In love, in work, in life. You always always (always) go for your vision of the best. I think that's what my generation (and women in general) are missing. It's a wonder we still function. 

All else aside, ladies. Have respect for yourself. Stand up for you. And if necessary, kick their asses into shape. (But not literally, dear God.)

Was this one too preachy?
Cayla xx

No comments:

Post a Comment