Wednesday, August 28, 2013

I Cried Tears of Joy Today

Hey, guys! I see that some of us are back for another sarcastic, well worded teenagery blog post. May I just say, "Thank you"? Anyone who reads this rocks. Anyone who reads it regularly has my gratitude.

So, tonight, I'm not going to write about boys or potheads or deep philosophical things. Tonight, I'm going to wing it, which isn't saying much, considering I always do.

Today, I woke up on the wrong side of bed. I even felt Moody walking to the store and getting my coffee. I was being that outwardly mean, hide-inside-of-my-shell Cayla that I try so hard not to be. In art today, I actually asked one of my friends "If you're embarrassed that we're immature, why do you even sit with us?" I didn't have a filter, and as soon as I thought it, I said it. As soon as I said it, I regretted it. I apologized and told her I didn't mean it and that I was being pissy. Luckily, she understood. (I don't have very many moments like this, but to be my friend, you can't take it too personally when I do.) I even told an athlete in Government yesterday that high school was going to be his "glory years" and I felt terrible about that immediately as well. (Thumbs down gesture) I've got to watch what I say or I'll push all of my classmates away again this year. Can't have that, now can we?

Today, when I was working, I got a wonderful surprise. I saw my ex-coworker's son and daughter playing on the porch of the restaurant, and I was instantly ecstatic. Stacy was back. Stacy and I waitressed together when I first got my job, and she was the one who trained me. I was glad to learn that she was about as fun-loving as I am, and we instantly became friends. Unfortunately, when the summer started, she moved to Dallas and I hadn't heard much from her at the time.

Today, I saw Mariah and Isaac and literally walked out of the dining room, into the parking lot and started hugging Stacy and crying. I have missed her so much since she left. All I ever talk about at work is what Stacy and I used to do, or how much fun she and I had. When I pulled away from the hug, I laughed because she was crying too. She chuckled, wiped her eyes and said "Man, Cay. You've got me crying too." I knew Stacy missed me a bunch, and I'm getting to hang out with her and the kids tomorrow before I work. (Is it weird that she's twenty-eight? No, not really. This is me, guys.)

I'm completely looking forward to being able to hang out with a great friend of mine. I'm looking forward to my classes tomorrow. I'm looking forward to my morning coffee and smiling a lot and making my friends laugh. Today was a great day, despite my negative attitude this morning. But I guess we have to accentuate the positive, or how would we survive?

This one made me smile the entire time I typed it,
Cayla xx

P.S. A customer saw my Texas State University T-shirt and thought I graduated last year. I said "If I graduated last year, I would have been one of the few that didn't go to UMHB (University of Mary Hardin-Baylor)." He looked at me and said "Oh, I know who you're taking about." OKAY, I can't have a crush on a guy without the whole town knowing, even if I crush quietly. Sad, yes? Not as sad as when I asked him if there was anyone that didn't know and he replied "No, not really."

P.P.S. I actually talked politics with a customer, so when he "checked-in" on Facebook, he said that he's glad he can have intellectual conversations in addition to good food. You're welcome, sir. Just doing my job.

P.P.P.S. I have to wake up super early, so goodnight. Hope you all enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment